FACT: A person can live without eating for weeks, but will only survive eleven days without sleep.
Well, I guess I should just go hungry and sleep. I'm so sleep deprived. I'm usually a morning person but seriously waking up every morning at the crack of dawn is driving me insane. Thankfully no cranky behavior (guess I can't be my own judge). But imagine people around those who haven't slept
I made this super simple and tasty mochi cake. It isn't very sweet, which is perfect for me and a lot of my aunts and relatives who were eating them. They make lovely gifts when you wrap them up nicely. Koreans love this stuff. I mean, it's mocha and it's got red bean. What's not to love?
Matcha Green Tea & Red Bean Mochi Cake
Makes 2 loaves or 9x13" pan
3 cups glutinous rice flour (I used a mix of 1 cup brown and 1 cup white)
2 tbsp Matcha green tea powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups milk
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup red bean boiled (or measure from a can of prepared sweetened red bean and cut sugar to taste)
1/4 cup dried dates chopped (or use diced kabocha squash)
1/4 cup walnuts quartered
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Grease pan or 2 loaf tins with oil or butter
- Whisk all your dry ingredients in one bowl (rice flour, matcha powder, sugar, baking powder, salt)
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and oil. Combine dry mix with the wet mix.
- Gently fold in the filling ingredients. Feel free to use all red bean, or add raisins. Seriously, whatever you like.
- Bake for 40-50 mins or until the sides pull away from the pan.
|Glossy with honey and walnuts!|