Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Reese's Pieces Oatmeal Cookies

Pin It
Hope for Acne-ridden teens (and adults)?
I'm glad that somehow some of my mum's clear skin genes made its way over to me. Although, during my awkward teen years, my raging hormones gave me pimple-face and I did all kinds of things to try to get rid of my zits. I'll have you know that a paper published last month, in the journal of the American Society for Microbiology found acne-fighting viruses that may zap your zits away!

These viruses called bacteriophages were found on the faces of flawless skin and helped to keep the acne bacteria under control says Laura Marinella at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. They even found the enzyme that the viruses use to kill acne and that could one day become a schmear-on cream ointment. Yay for good viruses!

However, with medication comes mutations and bacterial resistance :( Will we have super acne in the future?! D:

On the side note, I've been eating way too much candy in preparation for halloween and hibernation. Here's another cookie recipe I've been gorging on. Although, I made it healthy and eat them before working out.

Reese's Pieces Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 24 cookies


Ingredients
1 cup flour
1.5 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

2/3 brown sugar
5 tbsp butter, softened + 1/4 cup yogurt (or just 1/2 cup butter)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup Reese's Pieces



  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. Mix all the dry ingredients from flour to salt in a large bowl
  3. In a medium bowl, beat butter with sugar until smooth. Then whisk in yogurt (if using), egg and vanilla.
  4. Incorporate the wet to the dry mix well and then stir in the Reese's Pieces.
  5. Drop onto parchment paper lined baking tray using ice-cream scooper or about 2 tbsp.
  6. Bake 12-15mins or until slightly golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. Great cookies, the kids and hubby loved them. Next time will do a double batch they were all gone that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this recipe and it was so dry. The cookies didn't taste good at all.

    ReplyDelete