Friday, April 13, 2012

Oatmeal Ricotta Choc Chip Cookies

Pin It
So I was thinking that I should do health myth busters or some factoid about medicine in each post. Ya know... just going along with the MD theme. For those who have asked. MD stands for Medicinae Doctor (latin). Like how JD stands for Juris Doctor, a law degree. So yea.. I realized people didn't get my blog name.. "does that stand for Mabel Dddd...duhhhh iono???!" 
@$&*@% it doesn't.

Soo.. I give you Health caution of the day. Don't Double Dip.
Studies show that every 3 times you dip that chip back into that delicious green salsa, that's 10,000 bacteria going from your mouth and to that reservoir of GERMS. And then imagine that going back into your mouth when everyone else has dipped in it maybe 2983 times?? 
HMM delicious. 

BUT that doesn't stop me from dipping my fries into mah ketchup a gazillion times. Ketchup is so damn good! Like suck it out of their packets good! What? Ketchup has 7% of my daily sodium intake in a tbsp? *shrug*

Bacteria, germs and what not. Now aren't you in the mood for cookies?? :D
These cookies are like pillows and healthier-than-your-mum's cookies. Only 2 tbsp of butter and 2 tbsp of olive oil in two dozen of these bad boys. My taste-tester bubs thought a stick went in. A good use to that left over ricotta you had making pasta. Give it a whirl!

Oatmeal Ricotta Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chips!!!

Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup Brown sugar + 2 tbsp white sugar
1⅓ cup Quick cooking oats (instant, rolled)

2/3 cup Ricotta
1/3 cup Yogurt (or just 2/3 cup yogurt w/o ricotta)
2 tbsp Vegetable oil + 2 tbsp melted butter
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Chocolate chips
1/2 cup Nuts (optional)


I apologize for the lack of pictures, but I forgot about that while mixing my ingredients!
Anyhoo, mix all your dry ingredients from flour to oats in a large mixing bowl.

In a separate medium sized bowl, mix your wet ingredients (from ricotta to vanilla) until smooth. I melted my butter in the microwave for ~10 secs.
Then, add your wet to your dry ingredients and mix until no lumps or dry spots. The batter appears to be really dry but that's okay. The cookies come out really moist!

Fold in your chocolate chips and nuts if you like. Dried fruits like raisins are also yummy.

Bake them for 11-13 mins at 350F. Or until the edges are a little bit brown. These cookies appear a little pale because of the ricotta. So don't over bake them!

Leave them to rest on the tray for 5 mins and then leave them to cool.
Makes about 24 healthy cookies!


I enjoyed it with some tapioca pudding...nomzzz

1 comment: